Our Timberland Strategy seeks to develop a portfolio of timber investments diversified across geographies, species, and age-classes, while offering an attractive risk return profile to Investors.
Our highly experienced team has previously acquired 5 million acres of land globally while generating a leading track record of returns. Key members of the team have worked together for more than 10 years, including at one of Canada’s largest pension plans, where they founded and led the Natural Resources group, which at the time of their departure was one of the largest investors in the sector globally. The team is led by the former CEO of Canada’s largest private timberland company, whose deep operating experience managing close to 2 million acres will drive key components of the value-add strategy.
The team has developed a robust investment process and strong deal pipeline. This is complemented by a deep understanding of global timber markets and the key drivers of timber productivity and risk derived from real, on-the-ground experience.
- High-quality, land-based timber assets, providing a core risk exposure to the asset class. Selection of assets with production history in markets with strong supply and demand fundamentals that are well positioned to generate cash yield and capital appreciation
- Additional value added from active asset management of the timberland, incorporating operational improvement and technology
- Incremental non-correlated revenue stream from the sale of carbon credits
- Geographical, species and age class diversification allows the diversification of idiosyncratic risk
- Strong ESG focus by maintaining or implementing internationally-recognized sustainable forest management certification and integrating ESG considerations at every stage of our investment and underwriting processes