- Associate, Private Investments, Agriculture
Fiera Comox was established in 2016 by Fiera Capital, a global asset management firm with over CA$158.3B in assets under management and Comox Equity Partners, a corporation formed and owned by former executives and investment professionals of large Canadian pension investment managers. Fiera Comox sponsors three unique private investment strategies – Agriculture, Private Equity, and Private Credit – and is supported by more than 30 highly qualified investment professionals with a diverse range of skillsets, who collectively have deployed billions in private transactions globally.
Global Agriculture Fund
The Global Agriculture Fund seeks to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns for investors by investing directly in agriculture assets located in the core developed agricultural regions of the world. Please refer to our website below for additional information: https://www.fieracomox.com/en/agriculture-fund/
The Agriculture team is composed of 15 agriculture and private equity investment professionals. We are looking for hardworking, talented, entrepreneurial people to join our growing investment fund. The level of this position may vary depending on the profile of the selected candidate.
With a globally diversified portfolio of investments, and active investment pipeline, the Associate role will have exposure to the full investment lifecycle. As an Associate, you will be actively involved in the screening of new investment opportunities, due diligence, and support transaction execution. You will also heavily be involved in the day-to-day management of portfolio company assets and benefit from working directly alongside senior investment team members and portfolio company CEOs.
As part of your responsibilities, you will be assigned the following duties:
- Identify and perform preliminary analysis of investment opportunities
- Conduct due diligence of potential investments and work closely with senior professionals across various workstreams (financial, legal, tax, commercial, among others)
- Participate in the management of external consultants and advisors during the due diligence process
- Develop complex financial models and analyses for potential investments
- Prepare investment summaries, memorandums and presentations during the investment process
- Support on-going management of our investments by performing financial monitoring and analysis, engaging in strategic discussions, and observing Board meetings
- Participate in presentations to various committees and Board of Directors
- Develop an industry network, with a particular focus on advisors and other market participants
- Mentorship and training of team of analysts and interns
- Take on many different roles and tasks to support the growth of the business
Education / Accreditation
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Agricultural Economics, Agri-Business or other related program
- CFA or CAIA an asset
- MBA or graduate degree an asset
Experience and Specific Skills
- 3+ years of experience in private equity, investment banking, transaction advisory, investment/management consulting or with a natural resources company
- Financial modeling and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong acumen for business
- Team player
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Willingness to learn and flexibility to take on a wide range of roles
- Experience in agriculture or other natural resources is an asset
- Ability to travel (domestic and international)
All people interested in this position may send their resume to AgricultureFund@FieraComox.com. Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in our firm!
Please stay vigilant and never share personal or confidential information during this hiring process unless it is through Mintz Global Screening, the secured platform we use to exchange such information. If in doubt, or if you think you have been a victim of fraudulent manoeuvres during your hiring process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.