Case Study Private Equity
Overview of Asset
In 2021, our Private Equity strategy acquired a minority stake in a U.S.-based sustainable energy finance company, Project Green, which owns and finances sustainable energy projects in the U.S. and Europe.
Project Green partners with technology providers across renewable energy, energy efficiency, transportation, waste and water sectors to create a more efficient market for clean energy by matching utilities, customers and vendors.
Key ESG Stats
Project Green promotes significant Environment, Social and Governance attributes by investing in projects with low carbon emissions and fostering best practices surrounding employee equity.
- Portfolio of 2,000+ operating assets diversified across technologies, segments and partners
- Investment in projects with extremely low carbon emissions resulting in 43 million metric tons of CO2e avoided and 11 million tons of organic waste diverted from landfills
- Score of nearly 100% employee satisfaction in its latest survey
- Diverse management team: 56% women or visible minorities
- Governance committee appointed to review ESG best practices