INTERNSHIP POSITION DESCRIPTION – FIERA COMOX FINANCE INTERN
Fiera Comox was established in 2016 by Fiera Capital and Comox Equity Partners, a corporation formed and owned by former executives and investment professionals of a large Canadian pension investment manager. Fiera Comox is a global investment manager that manages private investment strategies in Agriculture, Private Equity and Private Credit. Fiera Comox’s investment team is composed of a group of highly qualified investment professionals with a diverse and unique skill set, who have worked together deploying multiple billions in private transactions globally while building an impressive track record.
The Intern, Accounting and Finance, will play an important role within the Finance Department of Fiera Comox. The role includes taking an active part in the financial reporting and analysis functions, investor reporting, as well as in key process improvement initiatives to support the Company’s growth in the Agriculture, Private Equity and Private Credit investment strategies.
Supervisor: Senior Accountant
As part of your responsibilities, you will be assigned the following duties:
- Support the Finance team in month-end and quarter-end processes;
- Support the Finance team in the production of various analyses and reports, for both internal and external stakeholders;
- Support process improvement initiatives to transform and automate reporting and operational processes;
- Play an essential role in new and on-going investment transactions, including applying financial accounting knowledge to ensure accurate accounting treatment;
- Perform any other ad-hoc analyses and tasks as needed to support the growth of the business.
- Student working towards a Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting (or equivalent) or in pursuit of CPA designation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Very good knowledge of the Windows environment and of the MS Office suite, as well as proficiency in Advanced Excel (pivot tables, database management functions, and ability to use macros are an asset);
- Ability to manage multiple files and to work independently, thoroughness, attention to detail, drive and team spirit;
- Ability to adapt to a complex and changing environment;
- Analytical skills and ability to solve problems and provide client services;
- Tact, diplomacy and ability to interact with people from different organizational levels;
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, in English and French.