ASSOCIATE, PRIVATE INVESTMENTS – AGRICULTURE
Supervisor: Partner, Agriculture
Location: Montreal or Chicago
Fiera Comox was established in 2016 by Fiera Capital, a global asset management firm with over $138B in assets under management and Comox Equity Partners, a corporation formed and owned by former executives and investment professionals of large Canadian pension investment managers. Fiera Comox’s investment team is composed of 20 highly qualified investment professionals with a diverse and unique skill set, who have worked together deploying billions in private transactions globally. Headquartered in Montreal, Fiera Comox is a global investment manager specializing in three distinct private investment strategies: Agriculture, Private Equity and Private Credit.
FIERA COMOX AGRICULTURE FUND
The Fiera Comox Agriculture Fund is dedicated to building a diversified global portfolio of privately held agricultural assets, generating stable, attractive returns over the long-term for investors. The Fund invests in agricultural businesses, primarily in the United States, Australia, New Zealand and Canada, focusing on high-quality farmland with a history of production and resilience through economic and commodity cycles. To date, the Fund has made investments in the U.S., New Zealand and Australia, and has a robust pipeline of opportunities. The Fund invests primarily in the sectors of permanent crops, row crops, animal protein, and related rural. Please refer to our website below for additional information: https://www.fieracomox.com/en/agriculture-fund/
The agriculture team is composed of 11 investment professionals. We are looking for hardworking, talented, entrepreneurial people to join our growing fund. The level of this position may vary depending on the profile of the selected candidate.
As part of your responsibilities, you will be assigned the following duties:
- Identify and perform preliminary analysis of investment opportunities
- Conduct due diligence of potential investments
- Lead the management of consultants and advisors during the due diligence process
- Assist in developing financial models for potential investments
- Prepare investment summaries, memorandums and presentations during the investment process
- Identify key risks of potential investments and on-going risk management of investments
- Support on-going management of our investments by assisting with financial monitoring and analysis, guiding strategic direction and risk management at the portfolio company level
- Participate in presentations to various committees and Board of Directors
- Develop an industry network, with a particular focus on operating partners, advisors to the sectors and market participants
- Take on many different roles and tasks to support the growth of the business
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Agricultural Economics, Agri-Business or other related program
- CFA or CAIA an asset
- MBA or graduate degree an asset
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIFIC SKILLS
- 4 years of experience in private market investments, investment banking, transaction advisory work, investment/management consulting or with a natural resources company
- Financial modeling and analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong acumen for business
- Team player
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Confidence and maturity to appropriately represent the team Ability and flexibility to adapt to a wide range of roles
- Experience in agriculture or timberland is an asset
- Ability to travel (domestic and international)
All people interested in this position may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in our firm!
Please stay vigilant and never share personal or confidential information during this hiring process unless it is through Mintz Global Screening, the secured platform we use to exchange such information. If in doubt, or if you think you have been a victim of fraudulent manoeuvres during your hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com.